Democratic Development Practitioner and Trainer
Mr. Lazhar Aloui is a democratic development practitioner and experienced trainer. He made numerous presentations and conducted training sessions to leaders in government and civil society. He provides highly interactive training in English, Arabic and French. His areas of expertise include:
- Policy dialogue and participatory processes;
- Policy and regulatory impact assessments;
- Mechanisms for advocacy, networking, accountability and responsive governance;
- Codes of ethics;
- Situation analyses of vulnerable groups and targeted programming, including gender-sensitive planning ;
- Civic awareness and public outreach strategies; and
- Strategic planning and organizational development.
- 22 years of international development experience. Work with donors and implementing partners in over 20 countries.
- Comprehensive expertise in political governance. Expertise in development programs promoting democratic representation, participation and accountability. Specific experience in civil society development, electoral and political processes, and inclusive governance with the EU, USAID and their implementing partners.
- Development assistance design, coordination and reporting. Experience in donor coordination, SMART project and assistance portfolio design, M&E system and results-based management, and gender-sensitive programming.
- Experience in post-conflict and transition environment. Operational and programming experience in transition assistance in the Balkans, Asia and Africa.
- Experienced Trainer. Wide-ranging experience in training both in English and Arabic.
- Team Leadership. Experience leading teams of experts, assigning consultants, and managing country offices.